Thu, 10 Aug|
Torrens Primary School
All About the Writers' Workshop
3 hours of TQI approved learning. 2 hours will be presented face-to-face with 1 hour of school-based application and reflection.
Time & Location
10 Aug, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Torrens Primary School, Ritchie St, Torrens ACT 2607, Australia
About the Event
This PL is a great starting point! It looks at how to establish a workshop classroom to nurture a strong community of writers. We will examine:
- essential lesson elements (the most important being independent writing time and conferencing)
- bite-sized learning intentions to drive focused mini-lessons
- critical tools and routines to promote independence
- transferable skills over rules and prompts
- crafting a unit of work to spark joy for you and your students
- student agency, visibility, and a writing community
We will touch on other essential elements of writing pedagogy - process, authors' craft and conferencing - but only briefly to understand how they work within the workshop. (We offer in-depth courses covering each of those aspects, see our website for details and to register.)
This course is suitable for all K-6 teachers and school leaders looking for practical strategies and tools to support a strong writing culture within their classrooms and school.
This course is being offered on two dates – choose the date that best suits you to attend.
It is part of our Four Core Courses - sign up for all four and get a discount.
A discount also applies for 3+ people from the same school attending the same workshop, so come with your friends!
From $100.00 to $130.00
From $100.00 to $130.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal